Rainbow Six Siege Year 4, Season 4: Operation Shifting Tides is officially live. Like previous seasons in Year 4, the Operation Shifting Tides update adds two new playable Operators. The new season makes adjustments to an old map and implements notable gameplay changes too.
The two new Operators–Jaimini Kalimohan "Kali" Shah and Ngũgĩ Muchoki "Wamai" Furaha–have already been introduced, but both have been fleshed out a little more in a brand-new trailer. In the trailer, which is embedded below, Kali is on the phone with (presumably) Team Rainbow.
Unlike the majority of Team Rainbow's recruits, Kali and Wamai are private military contractors, so Kali isn't willing to join the anti-terrorist group until she's been paid. Her abrasive behavior eventually wins out, and she agrees to join Team Rainbow and bring her "best man" with her. While she haggles on the phone, Wamai is meditating underwater–showcasing how his abnormal physiology and history in the Navy allow him to hold his breath significantly longer than a normal human.
For now, Kali and Wamai have only released for Rainbow Six Siege Year 4 Season Pass owners. If you don't have the pass, you'll have to wait until December 10–and even then, it will still cost you Renown or R6 Credits to purchase them. Regardless of whether you have the pass of not, all players now have access to the reworked Theme Park map. The old map has been changed in several ways: the train in the center is gone, the east and west sections are now closer together, and the downstairs area has been remodeled.
Of all the gameplay changes that Operation Shifting Tides brings, the biggest is the addition of limb penetration. Bullets fired from certain weapons will now penetrate through arms and legs, allowing you to potentially damage multiple enemies in a single shot. The update also adds new Operator and weapon skins and lowers the price for purchasing Hibana, Echo, Dokkaebi, Vigil, Kaid, and Nomad.
Rainbow Six Siege is available for Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
- Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, And Xbox One This Month — December 2019
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – Official Season One Gameplay Trailer
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3 Dungeon Gameplay On Switch
- Xbox Year In Review 2019
- Zelda-Themed Mario Maker 2 Update Is An Exciting Addition
- The Mandalorian Episode 4 – All The Star Wars Easter Eggs in Chapter 4 "Sanctuary"
- The Legend Of Heroes: Trails Of Cold Steel 3 – Nintendo Switch Announcement Trailer
- Halo Reach Is On PC Now | GameSpot Live
- Shenmue III Sparring and Training Gameplay
- Persona 5 Royal – Official Western Release Date Announcement Trailer
- Castle Rock Season 2 Episode 8 Easter Eggs & Story Breakdown | "Dirty"
- Familiar Pokémon Are Evolving In Pokémon Sword And Pokémon Shield!
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
Now Playing: Testing Rainbow Six Siege Y4S4 Operators
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email [email protected]