After a two-year break, Need for Speed is back with a new entry in the long-running racing series. Developer Ghost Games, responsible for 2017's Need for Speed Payback, is back at the starting line with Need for Speed Heat, which will launch on November 8 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Need for Speed Heat takes you to Palm City, a "brand-new open world where street racers have gathered to make their names known," according to a press release. On the streets of Palm City, you will compete in Speedhunters Showdowns to earn cash to customize and upgrade your rides. But be careful during nightfall, as rogue cops patroling the darkened streets eagerly look for racers to knock down a few pegs. Need for Speed Heat is said to feature "expressive customization, authentic urban car culture, and an immersive narrative." Check out the announcement trailer below.
- Borderlands 3 – Fl4k Rescues Ice-T Teddy Bear
- Borderlands 3 – Sanctuary Ship Tour Gameplay
- Fortnite Dev Gets Class-Action Lawsuit (Not For B.R.U.T.E. Mechs) – GS News Update
- Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week — August 11-17, 2019
- Borderlands 3 – Breaking Down FL4K's Skill Tree
- 11 Star Trek: Picard Theories – The Borg, Data, and Everything We Know So Far
- Borderlands 3 – Official "The Borderlands Are Yours" Gameplay Trailer
- Legion Season 3 Episode 8 "Chapter 27" Breakdown
- Apex Legends – 1 VS 60 Solo Match Champion
- Suicune Coming To Pokemon Go – GS News Update
- Apex Legends – Iron Crown Collection Event
- Apex Legends – Iron Crown Collection Event Trailer
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
Pre-orders for Need for Speed Heat are available now. Reserving the standard edition nets you a special edition Mitsubishi Evolution X, while banking on the Deluxe Edition gives you three special edition cars: a BMW i8 Coupe, Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport, and Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe. In addition to those, the Deluxe Edition contains exclusive character clothing and extra in-game currency. A 10 percent discount is awarded to those who pre-order through Need for Speed Payback's in-game menu.
Need for Speed Heat is set to launch on November 8, but those with EA Acess and Origin Access Basic (or Origin Access Premier on PC) get 10 hours of game time beginning on November 5.
Some links to supporting retailers are automatically made into affiliate links, and GameSpot may receive a small share of those sales.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email [email protected]