GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The first free update for Monster Hunter World's Iceborne expansion is right around the corner. Capcom had already confirmed the update will add the fearsome Rajang to the game, and now the publisher has revealed when it will arrive on PS4 and Xbox One: October 10.
We don't yet know what else the update will contain, but the highlight is the aforementioned Rajang, a highly aggressive ape-like monster that originally debuted in Monster Hunter Freedom 2. Based on Rajang's reveal trailer, which you can watch below, it looks like the ape will retain its signature "rage mode." When enraged, the beast's fur turns golden and it becomes even more relentless.
- Top New Game Releases On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week — September 8-14, 2019
- Nintendo Switch Update 9.0.0 Out Now – GS News Update
- Borderlands 3 – Craziest Guns We've Seen So Far
- Borderlands 3 Opening Cinematic
- Apple Reveals iPhone 11, Apple Arcade Price & Release Date – GS News Update
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare – Multiplayer Beta Trailer
- Hunting Rajang, Monster Hunter World: Iceborne's Next DLC Monster
- Pokemon Go September Community Day Starts Soon – GS News Update
- Weird New Fitness Device For Switch Detailed – GS News Update
- COD: Modern Warfare Early Access Beta | GameSpot Live
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot Release Date & Special Editions Announced – GS News Update
- AI: The Somnium Files – Trippy Dream World Investigation Gameplay
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
The Rajang update will be free for everyone who owns the paid Iceborne expansion, which launched on PS4 and Xbox One earlier this month (and is coming to PC in January 2020). Unlike the main game, Iceborne is set in a new arctic region called the Hoarfrost Reach, which is home to a variety of new monsters, as well as a handful of returning ones, such as the Glavenus.
GameSpot awarded the expansion a 9/10 in our Monster Hunter World: Iceborne review. "Monster Hunter World: Iceborne is at its best when you’re fighting tooth and nail against something that you know could crush you within its teeth in a second, even though this might feel like it came at the expense of a more interesting narrative," critic Ginny Woo wrote. "Nothing is quite as good as the biting chill cutting through the furs of your armor, the shrill cry of your Palico as it comes to your aid, and the wind roaring in your ears as you latch onto a beast’s flank and climb up its side while it bucks and roars."
We recently had a chance to hunt the Rajang at this year's Tokyo Game Show; you can watch our battle with the beast above. If you're just getting started in the expansion, be sure to check out our Monster Hunter World: Iceborne tips guide.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email [email protected]