There will be another Metro game, following on from this year's Metro Exodus.
This news comes via an Instagram post from series author Dmitry Glukhovsky, who has confirmed that the series will continue. The post is direct and to the point: "The Metro gaming series will be continued. Working on the story".
Metro 2033, the first game in the Metro series, was an adaptation of Glukhovsky's book of the same name. Glukhovsky's second Metro book, Metro 2034, doesn't have a direct analog in the games, while third book Metro 2035 is, in an interesting twist, inspired by events from Metro: Last Light, the second Metro game.
- Borderlands 3 – Fl4k Rescues Ice-T Teddy Bear
- Borderlands 3 – Official "The Borderlands Are Yours" Gameplay Trailer
- Borderlands 3 – Sanctuary Ship Tour Gameplay
- Fortnite Dev Gets Class-Action Lawsuit (Not For B.R.U.T.E. Mechs) – GS News Update
- Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week — August 11-17, 2019
- Borderlands 3 – Breaking Down FL4K's Skill Tree
- Borderlands 3 – 25 Minutes Of FL4K New Gameplay
- Fortnite Update 10.10 Brings Back Retail Row – GS News Update
- Sega Genesis Mini Gameplay – All 42 Games
- Need for Speed Heat – Official Reveal Trailer
- Legion Season 3 Episode 8 "Chapter 27" Breakdown
- Apex Legends – 1 VS 60 Solo Match Champion
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
Metro Exodus reviewed and sold well, so the series' continuation is not unexpected news. In his 8/10 review, Michael Higham said that the game "embraces the sense of vulnerability and post-apocalyptic terror alongside impactful weapons used in refined combat and stealth scenarios." Exodus still has DLC on the way as well, which will expand the game out with new playable characters.
Metro Exodus was one of several high-profile Epic Games Store exclusives when it launched, and reported that sales in the first few weeks were approximately double what they had been on Steam for the previous Metro game, Last Light.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email [email protected]