During Nintendo's E3 2019 Direct, the company announced that the new Animal Crossing game has been delayed to March 2020. Though the news is a bummer, we did learn what the game's official name is–Animal Crossing: New Horizons. We also learned that fan favorite Isabelle isn't leaving the franchise behind.
Polygon spoke with game director Aya Kyogoku on the show floor at this year's E3. As Kyogoku explains it, the Shih Tzu could make an appearance in the game depending on how the island develops. "At first on the deserted island, you have Tom Nook, Timmy and Tommy, and a few other animals that have moved to the island through Getaway Package with you," Kyogoku told Polygon. "Depending on the population, the development level of the island will change, so you may start to see more new characters added to the island."
Though Kyogoku didn't give specifics on how Isabelle will show up, she did reassure fans that the Leslie Knope-type is always willing to lend a helping hand. "One thing that I could definitely say about Isabelle is that as the island develops a little more and it needs a little bit more support then Isabelle might see some sort of use on the island."
Pre-orders for the life sim are now live ahead of the game's new March 20, 2020 release date. In case you missed it, check out Animal Crossing: New Horizons' latest trailer below.
- Every Big Square Enix Game And Announcement At E3 2019
- How Cyberpunk 2077 Got Keanu Onboard | E3 2019
- The Biggest Nintendo Direct Announcements & Games | E3 2019
- The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Sequel Presentation | Nintendo Direct E3 2019
- Marvel's Avengers Combat & Gameplay Features Revealed | E3 2019
- Why Final Fantasy 7 Remake Has Us More Excited Than Ever | E3 2019
- Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Could Bring Back Former Players | E3 2019
- Dragon Quest Builders 2: Building On The Original | E3 2019
- How Man Of Medan Learns From Until Dawn | E3 2019
- How Dragon Ball Z Kakarot Is An RPG For True DBZ Fans | E3 2019
- How [email protected] Pick Their Games | E3 2019
- Why The Outer Worlds Is Not Just Another Fallout | E3 2019
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
More E3 news:
- E3 2019's biggest news
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 teased
- New Xbox console, Scarlett, revealed
- Xbox Scarlett details: 8K, 120 FPS, SSD
- Cyberpunk 2077 release date announced
- Final Fantasy VII Remake release date announced
- Marvel's Avengers revealed
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email [email protected]