With E3 2019 in full swing, it's somewhat of a weird time for PlayStation fans, as Sony made it clear it won't be attending. We'll still see PS4 games there, and we recently got a new look at Death Stranding, but Sony's first-party stuff won't be out in full force. Luckily, Sony does still have something for PlayStation 4 owners–and prospective owners–to get excited about in June: its annual Days of Play sale, which is live now.
Days of Play began June 7 and will run through June 17, which overlaps conveniently with E3. During that time, you can snag a PS4 Pro for $350 / £350, and all DualShock 4 wireless controllers will start at $40 / £35. A limited-edition PS4 is also on sale, but unfortunately, it's not a PS4 Pro. The steel black console features the four PlayStation shapes embossed in silver on the top and comes with a matching DualShock 4 controller. You can buy it for $300 / £280.
If you're considering taking the plunge and getting PlayStation VR, some bundles are considerably cheaper during the 11-day sale. PSVR bundles start at $250, a full $100 cheaper than their usual price. The bundles each come with a pair of games, such as Trover Saves the Universe and Five Nights at Freddy's; Borderlands 2 and Beat Saber; or Everybody's Golf and Blood & Truth. In the UK, the PSVR Starter Pack is selling for £180 and PSVR Mega Pack will sell for £210.
This is a great time to stock up on your PS Plus membership as well, as it's currently significantly cheaper at multiple retailers (plus, June has a very nice lineup of free games to take advantage of). The cheapest option is currently at Green Man Gaming, where you can get a year-long subscription for just $37.59. Elsewhere, the 12-month membership is available for $40. In addition, you can grab a 12-month PS Now subscription for $70. As a reminder, you can stack subscriptions, even if you're already a member.
A huge selection of games are marked down across multiple retailers right now. PS4 exclusives God of War and Marvel's Spider-Man are both down to $20 / £25, while Resident Evil 2 can be snagged for $36. Recent release Days Gone is available for $40 / £40. Older hits, such as Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete Edition, The Last of Us Remastered, Uncharted 4, and Bloodborne, are on sale for just $10 / £12.
See all the most notable deals from the Days of Play sale below; plus, check out our full list of the best E3 2019 gaming deals for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
Days of Play spans multiple retailers' sites, so you have some flexibility in terms of where you want to shop.
- See deals at Amazon
- See deals at Best Buy
- See deals at GameStop
- See deals at Walmart
- See deals at Target
- See deals at PlayStation Store (US)
- See deals at PlayStation Store (UK)
Our top picks:
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey — $23
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission (PSVR) — $20
- Bloodborne — $10
- Days Gone — $40
- Detroit: Become Human — $8
- God of War — $20
- Horizon Zero Dawn – Complete Edition — $10
- Kingdom Hearts III — $25
- The Last Guardian — $10
- The Last of Us Remastered — $10
- Marvel's Spider-Man — $20
- Marvel's Spider-Man – Digital Deluxe Edition — $30
- MLB The Show 19 — $40
- NBA 2K19 — $3
- Nioh — $10
- Nioh – The Complete Edition — $20
- Ratchet & Clank — $10
- Resident Evil 2 — $36
- Uncharted 4 — $10
- Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection — $10
- Until Dawn — $10
- PlayStation Plus (12 months) — $37.59
- PlayStation Now (12 months) — $70
- PlayStation 4 Days of Play Limited-Edition Console (Steel Black) — $300
- PlayStation 4 Pro Console (Jet Black) — $350
- PlayStation Classic Console — $30
- PlayStation VR: Astro Bot Rescue Mission and Moss bundle — $210
- PlayStation VR: Blood & Truth and Everybody's Golf bundle — $300
- PlayStation VR: Trover Saves the Universe and Five Nights at Freddy's bundle — $250
- PlayStation VR: Borderlands 2 and Beat Saber bundle — $300
- PlayStation Dualshock 4 wireless controllers — $40
- Thursday, June 6, 9 AM PT — Google Stadia Connect
- Saturday, June 8, 9:15 AM PT — EA Play
- Saturday, June 8, 11 AM PT — Nintendo Invitational Tournaments
- Sunday, June 9, 1 PM PT — Microsoft Xbox Press Conference
- Sunday, June 9, 5:30 PM PT — Bethesda Press Conference
- Sunday, June 9, 7 PM PT — Devolver Press Conference
- Monday, June 10, 10 AM PT — PC Gaming Show
- Monday, June 10, 12 PM PT — Limited Run Games Press Conference
- Monday, June 10, 1 PM PT — Ubisoft Press Conference
- Monday, June 10, 4:30 PM PT — Kinda Funny Showcase
- Monday, June 10, 6 PM PT — Square Enix Press Conference
- Tuesday, June 11, 9 AM PT — Nintendo Direct Showcase
More E3 news:
- New Xbox console, Scarlett, revealed
- Xbox Scarlett details: 8K, 120 FPS, SSD
- Elden Ring is From Software and George RR Martin's new game
- Cyberpunk 2077 release date announced
- Final Fantasy VII Remake announced
Some links to supporting retailers are automatically made into affiliate links, and GameSpot may receive a small share of those sales.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email [email protected]