Epic Games recently released a new Pet named Gunner in Fortnite: Battle Royale, and fans quickly pointed out that the little doggo is basically a reskinned version of a previously released dog, Bonesy. Now, Epic has responded to the news, saying it made a mistake in releasing Gunner.
The company will give out refunds to everyone who bought Gunner, and in an attempt to make up for the problem, Epic is also giving players who purchased Gunner 200 free V-bucks. What's more, Gunner is being erased from Fortnite entirely.
"We should not have released the Gunner Pet and apologize for doing so. Within the next couple of days, all purchases of Gunner will be refunded for the full amount of 1000 V-bucks as well as an additional 200 V-bucks and the Pet will be removed from the Locker," Epic said in a statement.
Players who purchased Gunner and use Fortnite's in-game refund tools to get a refund will receive the 200 free V-bucks and an extra refund token.
As comparison images show, Gunner was merely a simple reskin of Bonesy with a lighter shade of fur and some minor tweaks like a skull logo on his scarf. Adding to the controversy, Bonesy was originally exclusive to the Season 6 Battle Pass; Epic had pledged that items in Battle Passes would never be sold separately. So when Epic started selling Gunner, the Bonesy clone, people got upset that Epic seemed to be going back on its promise.
Fortnite Season X Coverage
- Fortnite Season 10 Battle Pass: Skins, Price, How It Works, And More
- Fortnite Season 10 Battle Pass Rewards: Skins, Emotes, Back Bling, Pets, And More
- Fortnite Season 10 Update Notes: BRUTE Mech, Rift Zones, And More
- Fortnite Season 10: Big Changes To How Daily & Weekly Challenges Work
- Fortnite Season 10 Map Changes: Rift Zones, Comet, Skeleton, And More
- Fortnite 10.00 Content Update: Titled Town, Automatic Sniper Rifle, And More
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email [email protected]