The co-creators of the Dishonored and Prey franchises, Raphael Colantonio and Julien Roby, have announced the first game coming from their new studio, Wolfeye. Weird West was revealed at The Game Awards 2019, and it's a top-down action RPG that will be published by Genital Jousting and Hotline Miami company Devolver.
Weird West is a new take on the classic Western genre where gunslingers are fighting fantasy creatures. The game will apparently play out by taking you through the origin stories of multiple different characters, described as a "group of atypical heroes."
"Discover a dark fantasy reimagining of the Wild West where lawmen and gunslingers share the frontier with fantastical creatures," reads a line from the description. "Journey through the origin stories of a group of atypical heroes, written into legend by the decisions you make in an unforgiving land. Each journey is unique and tailored to the actions taken–a series of high stakes stories where everything counts and the world reacts to the choices you make. Form a posse or venture forth alone into an otherworldly confines of the Weird West and make each legend your own."
A Steam page is live for Weird West, but there is no word on when the game will launch. Right now it appears only to be confirmed for PC. Check out the announcement trailer above.
- The Game Awards 2019 Livestream
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake – Cloud Strife Trailer | Game Awards 2019
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake Is Coming To Other Platforms – GS News Update
- PS4 Firmware Update 7.01 Now Available – GS News Update
- Resident Evil 3 Remake Release Date & More From Sony's State Of Play – GS News Update
- Xbox Series X – Exclusive Details On Microsoft's Next-Gen Console
- Next-Gen PS5 And Xbox Series X Games Debut At The Game Awards 2019 – GS News Update
- Control's New Expedition Mode Tier 1 Completion Gameplay
- Fast & Furious Crossroads – Official Announcement Trailer | TGA 2019
- New World – Cinematic Reveal Trailer
- The Wolf Among Us 2 – Official Announcement Teaser Trailer | TGA 2019
- The Muppets Labs And The Goose Present At The Game Awards 2019
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
Now Playing: Wolfeye Studios Debut Their New Game Weird West At The Game Awards 2019
- Filed under:
- Weird West
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email [email protected]