Captain Marvel is one of the biggest movies of 2019, introducing one of the most powerful superheroes to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Grossing more than $1 billion in the box office, Captain Marvel was a smash, and very soon, it will be available for you to own, coming with a slew of special features.
On May 28, Captain Marvel will be released to digital storefronts with exclusive content, including featurettes on creating the visual effects, a breakdown of the "Mind Frack" sequence, concept art, and on-set images. Additionally, the digital release will contain all of the special features listed below. The May 28 digital release will be available in UHD, HD, and SD.
On June 11, Captain Marvel will be available on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD at various retailers. The 4K edition comes a 4K, Blu-ray, and digital copy of the movie, while the Blu-ray comes with a digital code, in addition to the main movie. There are retailer exclusives as well, each with its own unique packaging and extras. The Target exclusive comes with a limited-edition 40-page filmmaker book, while the Best Buy exclusive comes in exclusive steelbook packaging.
The release of Captain Marvel is littered with special features. There are six featurettes on subjects like Brie Larson joining the MCU, Nick Fury's first chronological appearance in the MCU, and the Kree and Skrulls. In addition, there is a gag reel and six deleted scenes.
Where To Preorder:
There are a few places you can pre-order your copy of Captain Marvel. If it is a physical copy, keep in mind that won't hit stores until a couple weeks after the digital release. Additionally, different retailers may have exclusives offered with them.
- Amazon — $20
- Best Buy: 4K Edition (Steelbook) — $35
- Best Buy: Blu-ray Edition — $25
- Target: 4K Edition (Filmmaker Book Included) — $35
- Target: Blu-ray Edition — $25
- Google Play — $15
- iTunes — $20
- Vudu — $20
Bonus Materials (May vary by retailer)
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Alternate Movie Versions
- Movie with Intro – An introduction by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.
- Movie with Commentary – Commentary by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.
- Becoming a Super Hero – Follow Brie Larson's journey as she joins the MCU, and see what it takes to be a Marvel Super Hero in every sense of the word.
- Big Hero Moment – Explore how impactful Captain Marvel's entrance into the MCU is, and how she inspires audiences around the world.
- The Origin of Nick Fury – Witness some of the MCU’s most significant events through Nick Fury's eyes, and see how his influence helped shape the MCU.
- The Dream Team – Discover why Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck are the perfect pair to direct Marvel Studios’ most powerful hero.
- The Skrulls and the Kree – Take a deeper look into the Skrulls and the Kree, their ongoing conflict, and the importance of shifting perspectives in the film.
- Hiss-sterical Cat-titude – The cast and crew dish on working with Goose and the raw talent it takes to portray such a complex character on-screen.
- 6 Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
- Journey into Visual Effects with Victoria Alonso
- What Makes a Memory: Inside the “Mind Frack”
- Concept Art
- On-Set Images
Some links to supporting retailers are automatically made into affiliate links, and GameSpot may receive a small share of those sales.
- Filed under:
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email [email protected]