GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The anniversary celebration in Borderlands 3 is continuing this week, and the new theme is the Rare Spawn Hunt. From October 8-15, you'll have a much easier time finding rare spawns, and you'll get a better chance of scoring unqiue Legendary weapons and loot from taking them down.
You may have seen rare spawns around the universe in Borderlands, but they appear sporadically. During the event week, they'll be guaranteed to appear in their designated locations, and their chance of dropping Legendary loot is increased. That gives you a much better chance to score some rare drops, and in the announcement Gearbox also provided the names and loot drops for each. You can find that listing below.
There will be a quick "micropatch" to usher in the Rare Spawn Hunt, and Gearbox recommends verifying that you're online in the main menu and then giving it a few moments before starting up your game. The event will last from October 8 at 9 AM PT to October 15 at 8:59 AM PT.
The remaining three weeks in the anniversary celebration are called Show Me The Eridium, Mayhem on Twitch, and Spooky Surprise. The last week would appear to be the introduction of the free Bloody Harvest DLC, but there may be other Halloween themed events coming as well.
Rare Spawn Hunt Loot Drops
- Rakkman – Night Flyer, Legendary Pistol
- El Dragon Jr – Unleash the Dragon, Legendary Artifact
- Road Dog – Redline, Legendary Shotgun
- IndoTyrant – Random Customization
- Force Troopers – Random Legendary class mods
- Demoskaggon – Random Legendary Shield
- The Unstoppable – Band of Sytorak, Legendary Shield
- Thunk & Sloth – It's Piss, Legendary Grenade Mod
- Maxitrillion – The Horizon, Legendary Shotgun
- Borman Nates – Psycho Stabber, Legendary Pistol
- Princess Tarantella II – Hive, Legendary Rocket Launcher
- Mother of Dragons – Random Legendary Artifacts
- Red Jabber – Random Legendary Grenade Mod
- Urist McEnforcer – Masterwork Crossbow, Legendary Sniper Rifle
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email [email protected]